My Blog

Welcome! What is this blog for/What will be blogged here? Well, frankly, only time will tell that ... ;-) The plan is to have stuff like ... what I plan to do/Interesting things that I want to share. My interests and hobbies ... and what I'm doing/not doing for it. Random thoughts/Opinions. Just about anything I feel like writing! have fun!

Thursday, June 17, 2004

The Diane Rehm Show.

This is a wonderful informative programme on the npr radio station. You can check it online at The Diane Rehm Show.

Today's talk was to be on Making neighborhoods more pedestrian friendly - no it wasn't about controlling the car traffic as you may initially think! It was about obesity in the US. The theory was (as I gathered from the preview) that by making the place pedestrian friendly - i.e., by having most places (like shops, PO etc) at walking distance from the home - would encourage people to walk instead of taking their cars.

I feel this is not enough! Consider myself - I take my car to check my mails from the mailbox - which is within the apartment complex that I live in. I feel a basic change in attitude is needed here.

Unfortunately I missed the show, so don't know what they talked about. Just got a jist of it based on the preview about the show while I was driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home