My Blog

Welcome! What is this blog for/What will be blogged here? Well, frankly, only time will tell that ... ;-) The plan is to have stuff like ... what I plan to do/Interesting things that I want to share. My interests and hobbies ... and what I'm doing/not doing for it. Random thoughts/Opinions. Just about anything I feel like writing! have fun!

Friday, June 18, 2004

Census & Genealogy.

Ok, the census site does have a genealogy section.

They have a name distribution file which gives the frequency of surnames and names in the 1990 census.

The Roche entry reads -

ROCHE 0.006 52.290 2053

So, 0.006% of the population sample had the surname Roche, and it ranks 2053 in popularity!

From the male first name distribution -

CONRAD 0.022 83.595 456

So, the name Conrad ranks 456 in popularity and 0.022% of them had this name!

The female first name distribution is also available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home