My Blog

Welcome! What is this blog for/What will be blogged here? Well, frankly, only time will tell that ... ;-) The plan is to have stuff like ... what I plan to do/Interesting things that I want to share. My interests and hobbies ... and what I'm doing/not doing for it. Random thoughts/Opinions. Just about anything I feel like writing! have fun!

Thursday, June 17, 2004

A Map of Languages in the United States.

Found this in a CNN article. The Modern Language Association has created a Language map for the US using the 2000 census data.

The site seems to be a bit slow right now. I could not load any of the maps. I could check the detailed information where the summarized data is presented in a tabular fashion. You can select a state or zip code and find the language distribution. This is cool.

You can also select a language and see its distribution across states.

Unfortunately it clubs certain languages into groups - like "African Languages", "Other Indo-European Languages" - while fine on a graph/map or pie chart - while giving "detailed information" they should have allowed us to input the language code to check for the data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home