My Blog

Welcome! What is this blog for/What will be blogged here? Well, frankly, only time will tell that ... ;-) The plan is to have stuff like ... what I plan to do/Interesting things that I want to share. My interests and hobbies ... and what I'm doing/not doing for it. Random thoughts/Opinions. Just about anything I feel like writing! have fun!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Java Name Change

Future versions of Java will bear a slightly different name.

The "2" in the full name will be dropped. So, now they would be -

JavaTM Platform, Standard Edition

JavaTM Platform, Enterprise Edition

JavaTM Platform, Micro Edition

The short names will spell out Java -

J2SETM is now JavaTM SE

J2EETM is now JavaTM EE

J2METM is now JavaTM ME

The version numbers will be single digit - so it would be 6 not 6.0.

So Mustang Standard edition will be named "Java SE 6".

Technorati Tags: , .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home