My Blog

Welcome! What is this blog for/What will be blogged here? Well, frankly, only time will tell that ... ;-) The plan is to have stuff like ... what I plan to do/Interesting things that I want to share. My interests and hobbies ... and what I'm doing/not doing for it. Random thoughts/Opinions. Just about anything I feel like writing! have fun!

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Google Maps - Global

Google Maps Satellite Imagery has gone global - though they still don't have detailed images for all locations, and don't have the maps for locations other than US and UK.

Today, probably a fortnight after I checked out China & India on Google maps, it was reported on Slashdot. People shared some intersting links -

St. Peter in Rome
Buckingham Palace
Arc de Triomphe
Water reservoirs in Sahara
Giza Pyramids
Pompei
Baghdad Parade Grounds
Crater of Vesuvius
Mt. St. Helens
Maree Man

The Google Maps for World Heritage Sites lists out all 788 of the UNESCO World Heritage sites.

The Google Sightseeing/ site seems to be still active.

Technorati Tags: , .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home