My Blog

Welcome! What is this blog for/What will be blogged here? Well, frankly, only time will tell that ... ;-) The plan is to have stuff like ... what I plan to do/Interesting things that I want to share. My interests and hobbies ... and what I'm doing/not doing for it. Random thoughts/Opinions. Just about anything I feel like writing! have fun!

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Mono 1.0 released.

Novell Inc. announced Wednesday the availability of Mono 1.0, an open-source development platform based on Microsoft Corp.'s .Net framework.

Mono includes a C# compiler, a .NET-compatible runtime and two stacks of application programming interfaces (API) a Mono stack that takes utmost advantage of Linux servers and desktops, and a set of APIs compatible with the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 that provides support for ASP.NET, ADO.NET and several other components. To further aid software developers, a new Web site (http://www.mono-project.com) has been launched with tools, resources, project roadmaps and detailed information about Mono.

Mono 1.0 is available for download at http://www.mono-project.com/downloads/index.html.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home