My Blog

Welcome! What is this blog for/What will be blogged here? Well, frankly, only time will tell that ... ;-) The plan is to have stuff like ... what I plan to do/Interesting things that I want to share. My interests and hobbies ... and what I'm doing/not doing for it. Random thoughts/Opinions. Just about anything I feel like writing! have fun!

Sunday, October 24, 2004

No more Zip files on Gmail?

This is absolutely crazy! Gmail no longer allows you to attach zip files to your own mails!

You get an alert box stating -

"Sorry, for security reasons, Gmail does not allow you to send this type of attachment."

Well, I created the zip file that I was attaching and I know that it doesn't contain any viruses and that it doesn't pose any security threat! Why is the software overriding that???

If it was just a warning alert that it was fine - here it prevents me from sending my own (safe) mail!

Needless to say, I logged in to my (now neglected) Yahoo mail account and sent the mail from there - Yahoo proudly declared that "No virus threat detected" on the zip attachment.

[Update: The message I sent from yahoo to gmail with the zip attachment bounced back -

Remote host said: 552 5.7.0 Illegal Attachment

]
[Update: (08-Nov-2004) Gmail now allows zip attachments. ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home