My Blog

Welcome! What is this blog for/What will be blogged here? Well, frankly, only time will tell that ... ;-) The plan is to have stuff like ... what I plan to do/Interesting things that I want to share. My interests and hobbies ... and what I'm doing/not doing for it. Random thoughts/Opinions. Just about anything I feel like writing! have fun!

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Gmail Feedback - Label Hierarchy.

Sent another feedback to Gmail today. Gmail allows you to apply "Labels" to messages. You can create as many labels as you want - these are identified by a name.

Here's the feedback I submitted -

-------------------------------------->8--------------------------------------
Browser: Firefox 0.8

Is it possible to provide for a hierarchy of labels?

I tend to label messages based on a classification. Right now I have too many labels floating around at the same level. If a hierarchy of labels is provided, then it would be possible to club all the technical labels (XML, SVG, Java, etc) under a single label - Technical; all the personal labels (Friends, Family) under a Personal Label and so on.

Going a step further, I could have multiple levels of labels (for e.g., Personal -> Friends - > School, College).
--------------------------------------8<--------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home