My Blog

Welcome! What is this blog for/What will be blogged here? Well, frankly, only time will tell that ... ;-) The plan is to have stuff like ... what I plan to do/Interesting things that I want to share. My interests and hobbies ... and what I'm doing/not doing for it. Random thoughts/Opinions. Just about anything I feel like writing! have fun!

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Yahoo Mail and Gmail Invitation.

Today's a great day for email services!

This morning Yahoo! announced that it will increase its storage from 6 MB to 100 MB [ny times]
But Yahoo services seem to be hit by a sudden upsurge in user volume ... their mail service is too slow today. :( Not just that, even the other Yahoo services seem to have suffered.

I came to my blog site to jot down this news and the say - how I wish I get the gmail invitation. I clicked on "add a new post" and when the page displayed ... I thought I saw something in the home page ... went back to it and ... wait ... wasn't that a invitation to create an id at gmail!!! Thats great! Been waiting for it for a while - and no, I don't mind the text ads (better than those flashing image ads).

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Yahoo announcement ...

So, I've created my id. Will slowly move over to gmail. Its QoS is supposed to be good.

I still have my hotmail id ... only 'coz thats one of my oldest ids. Just incase anyone contacts me there. Will slowly transition away from it now. Hotmails 2MB sounds too tiny, now (just over half a decade later!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home